Patton CopperLink Model 2172 Kit Ruggedized Ethernet Extender Ultra-High Speed
Patton CopperLink Model 2172 Ruggedized Ethernet Extender Ultra-High Speed
Grade B condition. Comes as pictured. Ships with 5V power supply.
The CopperLink Model 2172 Ultra-High-Speed Ethernet Extender leverages existing copper infrastructure to deliver high-speed Ethernet extension. Providing data rates up to 50 Mbps in each direction for an aggregated full-duplex speed of 100 Mbps, the Model 2172 is the perfect solution for delivering triple-play communications services and other bandwidth-intensive applications. CopperLink Ethernet Extenders easily inter-connect remote devices or remote networks to a central LAN for such applications as medical imaging, video-conferencing, Ethernet bridging, Triple Play, and VoIP
Six user-selectable settings for symmetrical and asymmetrical rates provide the flexibility required to achieve the optimal speed-distance combination for each and every connection. Multi-rate symmetrical line rates allow each connection to be tuned for the length and gauge of the copper wire, in order to achieve the maximum possible data rate for the environment. Multi-rate asymmetrical line rates make the Model 2172 the ideal solution for service providers who want to differentiate their services or extend the reach of their customer base.
- Ethernet Extension—Extends 10/100Base-TX Ethernet up to 6,000 feet over 2-wire AWG 26 unconditioned lines.
- Operates Over Twisted Pair—Reduces the cost and hassles of new installations. Utilizes installed voice-grade twisted pairs to eliminate the expense of fiber or Cat5e cabling.
- Full-duplex data-line rate of 100 Mbps—Provides near fiber performance for bandwidth intensive applications such as Triple Play services.
- Plug and Play—No configuration or cable hassles during installation with auto-sensing 10/100, full or half duplex, and auto MDI-X.
- Multiple Line Rates Supported—Switch-selectable lines rates ensure the best possible line rate for each application.
- Asymmetric or symmetric—Adapts to service provider and enterprise applications.
- Transparent LAN Bridging—Passes higher layer protocols and supports 802.1Q VLAN tagged and untagged traffic.